The Artist Management Conference 2010 (AMCON2010), taking place in New York October 14-15, 2010, aims to illuminate the way forward for artist managers and self-managed artists in a shifting music industry landscape. The dramatic reduction of recorded music sales and effects of the shifting music industry landscape have left many in the music business, including managers and self-managed artists, struggling to find solutions that provide consistent and adequate returns on investments. The inaugural conference will be a place for artist managers and self-managed artists to discuss and contemplate current and future music industry trends; formulate or fine-tune strategies; network with peers; create partnerships; and conduct serious business.
Conference topic include discussions of current and future music industry trends and how they affect the artist management community, translating data into actionable information that can be monetized, analyzing factors that make for a good artist-manager relationship, management company setup and operations, building a team around the artist, growing the fan base, deciphering how managers evaluate artists and bands for signing, live show production & touring, mentor sessions and business corner, “I Need Management” sessions for musicians seeking management representation, and more.
A list of speakers can be found at:
Top Reasons to Attend
* Enrich your knowledge. Our many educational panels will enhance your professional and personal development.
* Gain insider tips. Music industry veterans, innovators, entrepreneurs, and educators share their experience and knowledge.
* Enjoy networking opportunities. Network with managers, bands/musicians, and other music industry professionals each evening throughout the conference.
Who should attend?
* Artist Managers
* Self-managed Artists
* Artists / Bands or Producers seeking management representation
* Individuals interested in doing business or interacting with Artist Managers and Artists / Bands
* Individuals or companies that provide products or services to member of the music industry
* Individuals interested in attending the networking parties / receptions and band showcases
About the Artist Management Conference 2010:
The Artist Management Conference 2010 (AMCON2010) is billed as a unique music conference organized to bring together managers, self-managed artists, musicians seeking management representation, and other interested music industry professionals. A virtual registration option is included for attendees that cannot attend the conference in person. For more information and to register, please visit the official conference website at http://www.amconevent.com